Friday, November 25, 2005

Reaching the boil

Thanks for all the texts - Very useful in collating information.

Here's this week's email to the council:

Dear Mr Potter

I, like you, have better things to be getting on with

So far this week, I have been past Tesco only three times between 8.40,
and 9.30 -

On each day, there has been some sort of delivery - I have left you two
voice mails, and we spoke once.

Today, for example, there was a delivery at 8.40 that I saw (I have a
text saying it started at 8.25), and then at 9.05, another lorry turned
up, and because someone was parked in the loading bay, parked in the bus
stop - So a bus had to unload on the crossing!

At 9.15, the person in the loading bay moved up to the double yellow
line.

The lorry moved up, and filled the whole loading bay (as all these
lorries do) - Which meant that the Tecso personnel started unloading in
the bus stop.

So, three days out of three Tesco has loaded when they shouldn't, parked
in the bus stop, and then unloaded into the bus stop. An impressive
average.

One of those lorries (out of the 5 I have seen) got a ticket (Wednesday,
I think) - It still hung a round, though, from 9.00 to past 10.00, when
another Tesco lorry came and parked behind it in the bus stop (this is
not one of the 5 previously mentioned, of course)

I phoned Sureway today - The person assured me that at 8.40, Tesco could
unload, as the Council had "waived the restriction". I found it hard to
convince him otherwise.

One of the few rights I seem to have in this is to ask for information,
and I feel complelled to do that right now, as nothing is happening.

So, could you please let me know:

1. What steps have been taken in the last 4 weeks to communicate the
loading restrictions to Tesco?

2. What has their response been?

3. Have any further communications taken place to complain about the
continuing infractions?

4. If so, what was their response? If not, why has no such
communication taken place?

5. Aside from the three month review as to the operation of the loading
bay, if Tesco continue to flout the loading bay and bus stop
restrictions, at what point will the Council take more draconian action?
Does it intend to allow three months of infractions to take first?

6. What will those measures be?

There's probably a lot more I could ask, but you are busy, and I'd
rather you spent your time sorting Tesco out.

You can imagine, though, that when everything I said would happen with
the new loading bay has actually happened, I'm a bit frustrated to see
little positive action taking place to really enforce the restrictions -
One parking ticket doesnt quite cut it.

Perhaps you an Councillor Kreling would like to join me when I finallydo
lie down in the loading bay?

Many thanks

Nigel Cannings

No comments: