Friday, July 03, 2009

An accident waiting to happen, happened

I made myself somewhat unpopular when I suggested to the Council that they get a licence to use the CCTV camera at the station for parking enforcement way back when. I did suggest they sent warning letters, and not a sheaf of parking tickets, but nonetheless they did get the licence and use it, and now there are many fewer cars, vans and lorries blocking the sight-lines into Broadway Avenue.

Was it justified?

Well, I've just got the accident statistics for the stretch of road up to the A316. In the last 3 years, there have been only 4 accidents involving the injury of pedestrians on St Margarets Road up to the roundabout. One was someone falling getting onto a bus. Two were at the top of Amyand Park Road (if you've crossed there, you understand), and the other one? A driver turning left into Broadway Avenue hit a child.

Tell me it's not worth keeping traffic out of the way on that corner.

No comments: